On the Eve of 2013…
2012 has been a good year, but it went to fast (at least I think so). I want to thank everyone who reads my blog and takes the time to offer me advice and help and comment here. I really like doing my blog and I like reading what everyone has to say about what I think about books. Well it’s New Year’s Eve. That means I get to talk about what I did last year, and what my resolutions are for 2013.
First I want to thank the Bodhimoments blog for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Please check out Bodhimoments !
Dr. Clune of On The Plum Tree nominated me for a 2012 Blog Of The Year award! Dr. Clune’s blog is an awesome place for poetry, stories, books and art. Please check it out if you haven’t (Click HERE).
To accept these awards I am supposed to link back to the blogs that gave them, tell some things about myself and nominate some more blogs for the awards.
I figured I am telling you in this post about my New Year’s goals from 2012 and for 2013, so that’s things about myself. I also can’t pick which AWESOME blog to pass the awards on to so just check out my side bar and see all the great places I like to visit and I, Sir Erik, pass these awards on to thee!
Now on to the New Year!
What I did in 2012!
- I worked on my MS-in-progress.
- I wrote 4 manuscripts for 12×12. My goal for 12×12 was to write 1 PB and I wrote 4!
- I enjoyed doing Susanna Leonard Hill’s Perfect Picture Book Fridays.
- I finished the unabridged version of “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” by Jules Verne (FINALLY)
- I completed PiBoIdMo 2012 and got 30 AWESOME ideas.
- The world didn’t end on December 21st (I don’t think this was an accomplishment for just me, but it would have really stunk if it did).
- I flew on 4 planes.
- I met and got support from the nicest people all over the world through my blog! Thank you to everyone!
Next – What I think I will do (and what might happen).
- I will finish my MS.
- I will participate in PiBoIdMo 2013.
- I will try to finish the unabridged version of “The Three Musketeers” by Alexandre Dumas (maybe next year I will try to read it in the original French).
- Someone will say the world will end again. *sigh*
- After I got my black belt in TaeKwon-Do and we moved, I started to study Karate and Jujitsu. I hope that in 2013 I will go up in rank in Karate and Jujitsu (I am currently a yellow belt).
- I will try to convince my parents to get me a library ladder for my own personal private library.
- Read 250 or more books of any kind.
- Be nice and kind to everyone I meet.
- Beat my school’s Advanced Reader reading record. The current record is 950 points (it ends in May). I had 612 points before we left for Christmas vacation. My goal is to shatter the record with a score of 1500+ points!
- Read more Nonfiction.
- Stick to my posting schedule when I can.
- Do my best at everything I try.
How about you? What is your most important goal in 2013? What was the best goal you reached in 2012?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!