IT’S A BLOG TOUR!!!
Today I get to do my part in the Countdown Zero blog tour! Be sure to comment to be put into a drawing to win an autographed copy of Countdown Zero (winner will be announced March 13th) ! Countdown Zero is the second book in the Code Name Conspiracy series by Chris Rylander.
Who is this Chris Rylander you ask?
Let me tell you (according to his publisher) -
Chris Rylander is the author of the Fourth Stall Saga and the Codename Conspiracy series. A fan of brown shipping boxes turned on their sides, dance-offs to win a girl’s heart, and rice, he lives in Chicago. You can visit him online at www.chrisrylander.com.
I’ve also heard he has a shark tattoo – but that’s another story.
We are here to talk about COUNTDOWN ZERO!
There are people in this world who live secret lives. There are people who fight the evil that lurks in the shadows so that the rest of us can live free from tyranny and fear. There are people—perhaps the person who is sitting across from you on the bus or waiting tables at your favorite restaurant—who put it all on the line for us, every day, whose names we’ll never know.
None of these people is Carson Fender.
At least, not since he was let go by the secret agency that enlisted his services to help foil a nefarious plot perpetrated by one of their former agents. Carson is back to hanging out with his friends, pulling pranks, and not having to lie to everyone about how he’s spending his days. And that’s for the best. Isn’t it?
Of course, this was all before a note showed up in his school lunch, informing him that Agent Nineteen has three days left to live, and that there might still be someone inside the Agency working against them. Carson has always been able to rely on his friends—but what happens when there’s no one left to trust?
I LOVED the first book in this series CODENAME ZERO and I was thrilled when Mr. Rylander agreed to write a guest post about a topic of my choice.
What did I choose?
I picked something that Mr. Rylander has his main character Carson Fender doing all the time:
HOW TO SAVE THE WORLD IN TEN EASY STEPS
Take it away Mr. Rylander (pictures provided by Erik )!
Hi, Erik! Thanks so much for letting me take over the blog for a guest post. Well, I guess you should probably be thanking me since I’m going to provide you and your readers with information that could (and probably will) someday save your lives.
And so, without any further delay, here are my 10 simple steps for saving the world.
(The best part, by the way, is that these are universal to any sort of calamity or disaster, be it deadly virus outbreak, brain chomping zombies, earth crushing asteroids, evil mastermind plans for world domination, or a Kardashian cloning catastrophe.)
1. First, get yourself a crowbar. They are excellent at getting you into and out of locked places. And, they can be used to bash in the heads of zombies, people infected with a deadly virus, evil henchmen, or Kardashian clones.
2. Gather up a crowd of at least four to five people. There’s not really any point in saving the world if nobody knows it was you. Glory is everything.
3. Spend a lot of time jumping over debris and doing cool action movie rolls. You can even try to find some breakaway glass to leap through.
4. Don’t shave for at least a week. The best heroes are the gruff, reluctant anti-heroes.
5. If you’re too young to grow a beard, find yourself a black shorthaired Chihuahua and shave off its hair. Glue it to your face. Even if you’re a girl, this still works. Trust me, people like heroes with beards regardless of gender.
6. Don’t spend too much time planning a course of action. The nerdy guys and gals who come up with plans to save the world never get the credit. Be the person who drastically acts first without thinking anything through.
7. Make sure something gets blown up. The world can’t be saved without at least one explosion. Even if that means throwing a Molotov cocktail at a gas station for no other good reason. This rule is important.
8. If it rains during the catastrophe, make sure you’re outside doing one of three things: sullenly contemplating the future while crouched on an industrial roof; looking toward the sky with your arms outstretched in defiance; wearing a trench coat and walking slowly toward an impossible number of armed bad guys while some cool song plays in the background (Note: you may need to have a friend with a Bluetooth speaker nearby for this one).
9. Eat and drink nothing until the job is done. People never eat or drink while saving the world. The same can be said for using the bathroom. (Bonus: this will create urgency.)
***UMMM – yeah – you lost me at “eat nothing” Mr. Rylander…***
10. If all else fails, simply run around screaming, “We’re all going to die!!!” Because, you are probably all going to die. So at least you’ll be remembered as the person who correctly predicted the end of the world.
Thanks, and I look forward to someday getting saved by you.
Thank you Mr. Rylander!
Well I don’t know about you kind readers, but I am so ready to grab a crowbar and start screaming “We’re all going to die!”
Don’t forget to comment in the comment section below (well, you could try commenting somewhere else, but I won’t see it) to be entered to win a signed copy of COUNTDOWN ZERO!
Want to know more?
Find Mr. Rylander on Twitter and his website.
Find Walden Pond Press on -
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Blog
Click HERE to see all the stops on the blog tour!
Want to know EVEN MORE!?!?!?
Here’s my review of Countdown Zero!
Countdown Zero: The Code Name Conspiracy (Book 2#)
By Chris Rylander
368 pages – ages 8+
Published by Walden Pond Press on February 3, 2015
Synopsis- Carson Fender thought that his life as a secret agent was over. He had done his job. The Agency had officially kicked him out….
*Cue the dramatic music (Beethoven’s 5th Symphony works well), and speed up your reading for the full effect.*
But now they need him again. Carson, using his wits and his secret agent utility tools to infiltrate one of The Agency’s secret base. Why, you ask? Well, it’s good that you’re on the Need-To-Know business! The base has been captured by the enemy! And Carson must get in, or otherwise – the secret agents inside of the base will be terminated (AKA they will die!). They only have 72 hours to live. Will Carson make it in time?
What I like- This was a fabulous sequel to CODENAME ZERO (see my review HERE). Mr. Rylander kept developing his characters in this book but kept what you liked about them in the first. Carson is a kid you can really like. Sure he’s a trouble maker. Sure he’s not the best secret agent, but you really cheer him on when he succeeds and you hold your breath when he’s in danger. Mr. Rylander has written rather realistic dialogue and could “see” the scenes playing out in your head and “hear” the characters talk. Or maybe it just means that I read too much. ;) The plot is awesome, with a good amount of twists. I really hope that there will be a third book!
I give “Countdown Zero” five out of five bookworms!
*All photos are have a creative commons license through Pixabay except for:
The mad scientist for which a license was purchased © Ogerepus – Fotolia.com
Pictures of the book, blog tour banner and Mr. Rylander were provided by Walden Pond Press