ZOINKS! It all started a little while ago when Lynn Davidson of the Pollila Writes was very nice to award my blog “The Versatile Blogger Award.” As I was thinking of what to write about myself I got TWO Liebster nominations, one from Loni Edwards and one from Donna Martin of The Write Track blog! I also got a “Kreativ Blogger Award” from Beth Stillborn of the “By Word of Beth” blog!
Here’s the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award –
1. Thank the person who gave it to you to acknowledge it. THANK YOU MS. DAVIDSON!!! I really like reading Pollila Writes. Ms. Davidson has some great book reviews and things about writing and she is also encouraging me as I am doing Julie Hedlund’s 12×12 challenge! Please check out Pollila Writes by clicking HERE!
2. Tell 7 things about yourself. Well…because all the awards I got have you telling something about yourself I am going to do it all in one big bunch at the end, so please read on!
3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers. I hope you don’t mind but I am going to do a little less because I had an idea, because I am a kid blogger I am going to pass this award onto other kid bloggers that I follow! Here they are (please check them out)!
Animals and Art -Josie my little sister. Josie just turned 8 and loves…well animals and art.
Sir Books-a-Lot – Sir Books-a-Lot has more than a cool name! He is a 11 year old book blogger with great reviews!
The Girl Named Jack – You think I write a lot?? – check out Jack! She already has a self published book and is publishing another chapter by chapter as she writes it.
Radio Christian Kids – Priya is a fifth grader that writes about all kinds of things – sometimes books, sometimes cooking, sometimes a special event. I like to read what she has to say.
Fami-Lit – Seven year old twins and their mom give their opinions on all sorts of books!
Ethan’s Journal – His blog says “My days as Ethan and other stories.” Ethan (8 years old) does guest reviews on my blog. His blog is fun to read. 🙂
Now for the Liebster Blog Award! Liebster is a German word that means beloved or love, so it’s a blog that you love! Heres’s the rules –
- 1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. THANK YOU Loni Edwards and Donna Martin of The Write Track blog!! Ms. Edwards is an awesome illustrator (check her website out HERE) and her blog out HERE. She participates in Susanna Leonard Hill‘s”Perfect Picture Book Friday” AND IN FACT she designed the cool badge for PPBF! See it over on my right side bar?!? Ms. Martin’s blog (click HERE to go to it) has all kinds of information about reading and writing. She participated in Tara Lazar’s PiBoIdMo and is doing 12×12. She is also a fourth degree black belt in TaeKwon Do!
2. Tell five things about yourself (keep reading it’s at the bottom!!) 🙂
3. Nominate 5 blogs you love and want to tell others about.
Can I nominate my sister’s again? Well I can! Animals and Art by Josie
A Spot to Read – Mrs. Duff is a Middle School Teacher and her blog is a lot of fun. She blogs a lot about books, reading and what her students are doing.
Ms. Yingling Reads – Ms. Yingling’s blog is just what it says, “Books for middle school students, especially boys”. It is a great place to find a good book.
Kid Lit Reviews – Ms. Morris has some great book picks and reviews!
A Lego a Day – Has NOTHING to do with books. It’s a photography site where Dan Phelps, a fifth grade teacher posts pictures of….LEGOs. You really have to see it, IT’S AWESOME!
NOW THE KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD!!!
Thank you to Ms. Stillborn of the By Word of Beth blog! I really enjoy reading her features and I learn a lot from her posts 🙂
Tell ten things about myself and give the award to six bloggers!
Keep reading for the things about me! BUT FIRST…
I hope you don’t care but I am going to put people who I have “met” that sound interesting and I want to know more about them.
Diane Tulloch of The Patient Dreamer blog. I know Ms. Tulloch is from New Zealand and I’ve been learning about the place. She also has traveled all over the world! I hope she tells me more about all the cool places she’s been! Check her blog out for great book reviews!
Patricia Tilton of Children’s Books Heal. I know Ms. Tilton was a news paper reporter and worked for the Navy. She sounds like a very interesting person! Ms. Tilton also always has really great books on her blog that deal with all sorts of issues kids and adults should be thinking about. I learn a lot from her blog.
Joanne Fritz of My Brain on Books. Ms. Fritz is the only blogger that I have actually met in real life! I met her at a book event I went to and it says on her blog she is a survivor of a brain aneurysm. I didn’t know what that was so I read about it. Besides having a great book blog, Ms. Fritz also has a bunch of information about aneurysm.
Caroline of Children’s Books and More. Miss Caroline is a teacher and a book blogger. She also posts great photos. I have followed her blog for a long time and I really like her reviews!
The things about me – I did 20 things because that’s all I could think of (I think I was supposed to do more) and I tried to do things maybe you didn’t know.
1. I have a red belt with a black stripe in TaeKwon Do. I will hopefully be testing for my junior black belt in the next couple months.
2. I am learning to play the trumpet.
3. I am taking an online Latin class because I like words!
4. I collect model Hess trucks.
5. I had a sixth grade reading level in kindergarten. My first grade teacher said to my parents she thought I was going to be an excellent public speaker and she let me do presentations to the class. Now, I like speaking in public – Thanks Miss Kline!!!
6. I am colorblind.
7. When I am not blogging I like to play with LEGOs and do origami.
8. I played ice hockey for a couple of years.
9. I have BAD handwriting. Seriously bad.
10. I like to fish.
11. I can raise each of my eyebrows separately (this bugs my mom for some reason).
12. When we moved into the house we are in now five years ago there was an old lock on a cabinet in the basement. I wanted to learn how the lock worked so I could get it off. I can now pick all kinds of locks and I think how they work is interesting (don’t worry I won’t use it for bad purposes).
13. I was attacked by a turkey in a petting zoo in New Hampshire. THEY RUN FAST!
14. I have a mini-bike I like to ride around.
15. I don’t like soda or french fries (or tater-tots, or potato chips… BUT I do LOVE mashed potatoes! Strange, I know…).
16. I invented my own board game called “Multiply Spy” and I am trying to get it made into a game to sell.
17. I like to crack codes.
18. I know how to whittle, I made a cane for my grandmother.
19. I don’t like rap music but I do like classical.
20. This post took me three days to write 🙂
I’ll have to email everyone I nominate after school because I don’t have time to do it before 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!!!!!!
Categories: Other Stuff Related to Books and Reading