Howdy folks! Have I got a ‘treat’ for you today! It’s hot-‘dogging’ good! As part of the blog tour for “The Observations of the Obstreperous Animals,” the new book in Stanley and Katrina’s series written by my friend and co-host of the Write Chat video blog (if you haven’t signed up for our newsletter – click HERE and go check it out!), Felicia “The Neighbor Girl” Maziarz! For the blog tour, I get to interview one of the main characters from the book! I had the fortune of chatting with the count of canines, duke of dogs, king of K-9 Units, prince of puppies, baron of chew-bones…
The one, the only –
WOOF WOOF WOOF!
1. Stanley, in your new book, you and Katrina are preparing for a pet Agility Course. We learn in the story, Katrina isn’t a big fan of it, but what do you think of it?
Honestly, I thought it was kind of fun. I mean I’ll take hot dogs any day, but I also enjoyed the exercise. The only thing I didn’t like was the tunnel. It was a dark abyss of nothingness. Naturally, I ran through that part pretty fast. That’s why I got the fastest time of the day. Though, it did get a little boring after a few runs through, so I decided to side with Katrina. Woah, never
thought I would say that. 🙂
How do you stand living with What’s it like living in the same house as Katrina?
It was a little tough at first, but now I am used to it. I now am able to tune out pretty much anything that distracts me from gnawing at Mr. Burger (my burger shaped chew toy.)
3. You can always count on a good burger to help you out. In the new book, you and Katrina and Zorg have a poetry contest, and your poetry was melodious. How did you get to write such great poetry (unlike a certain cat who we shall not name for obvious reasons)?
It kind of came naturally. Once Katrina lectured me for three hours (THREE HOURS!!!!!) about how to write adequate poetry and so on and so on. I then wrote some of my own. You are probably wondering why she taught me. She taught me so that she could beat me in the competition, and then I won. Classic Katrina.
4. *stifles laughter* Who is your role model? Why do you look up to them?
Well, I guess it would be those dogs on TV who jump into pools and stuff like that. They respect their owners so well and are great athletes. Also, it looks SUPER DUPER fun to be one of them.
5. Yeah, they sure are cool! So, in the new book, you and Katrina move. I’m guessing you don’t move far because your owners still pet-sit Zorg. What’s it like hanging out with the alien-obsessed, astronaut-wannabe Zorg (AKA Mr. Fluffypants the hamster)?
I think he is pretty cool while Katrina says he is an “incorrigible tiny groundhog.” I think the whole alien thing is unique and cool, and if aliens were to attack, I would have the supreme alien buster by my side. I would be stopping the invasion with Zorg while Katrina would be trying to convince the aliens to join her country.
6. I know what you mean, Stanley! It seems that your book is already getting lots of fan mail! Even Clyde (our Basset Hound) wanted to join in! He asked me to write this to you:
I live with a chinchilla named Smoky Gorgonzola III. I can’t help but notice that my fluffy friend happens to be getting more treats than me! What would you do?
I would be really nice. DO NOT meow all day like Katrina. Just be a nice, happy pet.
For the links to the other stops in the blog tour (and other info on it), take a looky! 🙂 PLUS make sure you make it to the bottom because there is a link to a raffle copter giveaway with a chance to win a $25.oo Amazon gift card!
About the Book
About the Authors: Stanley & Katrina
Stanley is a three-year-old black Labrador/Rottweiler mix who does his best to ignore Katrina. Stanley enjoys snow, attention and turkey.
* Free Printables For This Book! *
Get the First Book in the Series Free
Stanley & Katrina’s
Book Blasty Tour Stops(2014)
* $25 Book Blasty Tour Giveaway *
Prize: $25 Amazon Gift Card or PayPal cash (winner’s choice)